Friday, February 10, 2017

Did I say Large Canvas?

Here I go again, thinking I need to switch out my wall decor! After my winter signs had been taken down and holes were left, I figured I should get a piece to cover up all the holes! Somedays I can come up with over the top ideas that end up taking me FOREVER! This my friends is one of them. I purchased this 4X6 canvas at Michaels. I had a coupon so it sounded like a better deal then trying to build something. I tried out my ideas on a smaller canvas, using different colors to see what I would like. I thought for something different I would try deep green and gold...WRONG! Didn't even bother to take a photo, it looked too dark and christmasish. I had to try again with a brighter color and my original idea, red and white! Instantly it was brighter. So I went for it and this is what I got for now. I am happy with it I think and I figure if I need a change I can always paint it again! J/K it took way to long...it is staying this way for a while. So if you want to try this rather large over the couch piece I will let you know what I used to create the is fun pattern. Idea came from a quilt like this I used a 10in diameter paper plate to make my circles Michaels 4ft by 6ft canvas Decoart Ladybug and White China paint A 1in bristle brush and 1/2in angled brush

No comments:

Post a Comment