Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Pumpkin Refresh

Every Fall I drag out my old pumpkins and decorations that are pretty sad looking. This year I thought I would try to incorporate my pumpkins not only in my decorations but as sometihing functional. I have always loved having cloth napkins and placemats available wherever my children sit and eat. This year I thought I would use the pumpkins as my holders but first I had to make them pretty!
I started with these old foam pumpkins I had laying around. I started with measuring the napkins and placemats to see how deep my cuts should be. Using just my kitchen knife I cut out a square in the small pumpkin and a slit in the large pumpkin to slide the placemats in.
My favorite is the small pumpkin with the gold lines!
I used Americana Decor Chalky Finish Vintage and a gold metallic for the stem and design. Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment